These little boxes are my new favourite thing to make.
You can make them too with just a few bits and bobs. Plus I bet the kids will love this activity as well.
You will need:
Card stock / patterned paper
Double sided sticky tape
Buttons / Findings
- Measure your matchbox by outlining the edges onto your card stock. Cut to size.
- Paste your backgrounds onto the box. I like Glitter card stock and stickers. You can use glue or double sided sticky tape for this.
- Line the edges of the box with Washi tape or patterned paper. You can you magazine cut outs or gift wrap or even draw your own design.
- Cut out your design and adhere to the box – this is the fun part!
- Optional – fill your box with goodies.
TA-DAH! Now you can give your box to a friend as an unusual greetings card. Attach a ribbon if you like so it can be hung as an ornament.
Here is a Happy Birthday Box filled with confetti and a balloon…
My Favourite box so far is this Merry Christmas Box…
And of course some post boxes with mini parcels to go inside…
Did you know that when Ireland became a Republic in the 1920’s – all the post boxes in the country that had been bright red (for Royal Mail) were now painted green.
I gave this one to a little boy who loves Dinosaurs…
As always, I would love to see your makes, have fun guys!